In these Terms and Conditions “The Fold”, “The Fold London”, “we” or “us,” “thefoldlondon.com” means Welcome to The Fold Ltd. “Customer” or “You” means the person buying or requesting services and / or products from Welcome to The Fold Ltd.
The following terms and conditions will apply between you and Welcome to The Fold Ltd, when you buy an item from thefoldlondon.com in the UK. The terms do not affect your statutory rights.
For all orders outside of the UK, the seller on record for all contracts is Global-E. Global-E will take your payment and approved carriers will deliver your orders.
- Your contract for purchases in the UK made through thefoldlondon.com is with Welcome to The Fold Ltd and you undertake that all goods ordered by you are for your own private and domestic use only and are not for resale.
- Your contract for purchases outside of the UK made through thefoldlondon.com is with Global-E.
- You must be eighteen years old or older to use this site. If you are under eighteen, you may only use this site with the agreement of, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian. If you do not qualify, please do not use this site.
- You warrant that all details you provide to The Fold for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods are true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover payment of the product(s) ordered.
- You agree that e-mail can be used as a means of communication with you.
- During the registration process, you may choose a username and password. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password and must only purchase from thefoldlondon.com under your own username and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If you think someone else might know it, you must change it. You may not transfer or sell your username to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your username or password. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform The Fold as soon as possible.
- It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught deliberately entering an incorrect or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Welcome to The Fold Ltd. reserve the right to end our agreement with you and to suspend or terminate your access to the site immediately and without notice to you if;
- you fail to make payment to us when due.
- you breach any of our terms and conditions.
- when requested by us to do so, you fail to provide within a reasonable time frame, enough information to let us to check the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity.
- we suspect you have engaged, or are about to engage, or have way of being involved in fraudulent or illegal activity on thefoldlondon.com.
Your responsibilities if you break these conditions
You agree that if you break these conditions, or any liabilities are incurred arising out of your use of this website, you will be responsible for the costs and expenses that we or our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers incur as a result of the breach, including reasonable legal fees (if applicable). You will remain liable if someone else uses your shopping account and/or personal information unless you can prove that such use was fraudulent.
- When placing an order, you agree that any and all information given is accurate and complete.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and product availability.
- Availability information for products is listed on each individual product description. If thefoldlondon.com cannot supply the goods in accordance with the timeframe provided, we will not charge your credit or debit card until the items are available for delivery under the specified timeframe. If any change to the expected delivery time occurs you will be notified by our Customer Services team.
- All prices listed on thefoldlondon.com are correct at the time of entering the information, however, we reserve the right to change prices of any product at any time. All prices include applicable taxes.
- No contract for the sale of any product will exist between you and thefoldlondon.com until we accept your order. When this happens we will confirm the acceptance by sending you an email.
- This confirmation email will be sent to the email address given in your order form and will detail products ordered, payment method, cost (including VAT and P&P) and usual delivery times.
- You must check all the details on this confirmation email are correct and contact us as soon as possible if any details are incorrect.
- If your order has not been accepted, you will receive an email from us telling you the reasons why.
By signing up to receive our newsletter, you are entitled to 10% off your first full price order – this code is for one-time use only. Please note this code cannot be used alongside any other offers or promotions and The Fold reserve the right to amend or remove this offer at any time.
Survey – Ode to Workwear
Apply your survey code at the online checkout or mention in store to receive 15% off your next order. This offer code is valid for one time use and is applicable on full price items across the collection. This code cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer code or promotion. Expires 31st December 2021.
Refer a friend program
This is a summary of the key conditions to redeem rewards. It does not replace the full terms & conditions of Mention Me that can be found here.
- The referrer offer as stated at the time is valid for each friend who orders for the first time.
- This offer can be shared for 6 months from the date of acceptance by the referrer.
- In order for the referral to qualify for the reward the referred friend must be a new customer to The Fold and over the age of 18 and the referred friend must meet the conditions of their reward.
- There is no requirement for the referrer to be an existing The Fold customer.
- In order to share this offer the referrer must be over the age of 18.
- Rewards will be cumulative and so if multiple qualifying referrals are made to The Fold, multiple rewards will be delivered to the referrer, subject to a limit. A Referrer may not earn more than 5 within any 24 hour period or 25 within last 12 months or 1500 GBP of reward value within last 12 months.
- Rewards will be delivered to the referrer on the day of the referred friend’s purchase provided the referred friend’s purchase is not cancelled
- The Referrer will be notified by email once a referred friend has purchased and when the reward has been earned.
- Rewards will be valid for 6 months from the date earned by the referrer.
- Referral rewards cannot be combined with other referral rewards or discount codes in a single order.
- Referral rewards cannot be used on sale items, gift card purchases or alterations.
- The Fold reserves the right to refuse the issue of any reward to any Referred Friend or Referrer at any time.
- The Fold reserves the right to vary any and all elements of this offer at any time without notice.
- The offer can be redeemed online at thefoldlondon.com only. This is not valid in store.
- Offer describes a discount amount for VAT paying territories. If your billing country does not pay VAT on clothing your offer amount may differ.
Referred Friend Rewards:
- The Referred friend offer as stated at the time is valid when they place their first order.
- The reward is valid for 2 months from the point of issue to the referred friend.
- In order to qualify for the reward the referred friend must be a new customer to The Fold and over the age of 18.
- Any rewards will be revoked if a refund is requested on the order for which the reward was offered.
- The Referred friend reward cannot be claimed by the same person making the referral
- Referred friend rewards cannot be combined with other discount codes in a single order.
- Referred rewards cannot be used on sale items, gift card purchases or alterations.
- The offer can be redeemed online at thefoldlondon.com only. This is not valid in store.
- The offer describes a discount amount for VAT paying territories. If your billing country does not pay VAT on clothing your offer amount may differ.
The Fold Gift Cards are sold subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Gift Cards and credit notes are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
- Gift Cards can be redeemed against all products on The Fold Online Store www.thefoldlondon.com or at The Fold Store in London.
- Gift Cards are not returnable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If your order total is less than the value of the Gift Card, the remaining balance will be credited to your account and will be redeemed against subsequent orders. To check your Gift Card balance visit https://thefoldlondon.com/balance/
- If you return products you have purchased using a Gift Card, the remaining balance will be credited to your account as store credit and will be redeemed against subsequent orders. To check your Gift Card balance visit https://thefoldlondon.com/balance/
- Virtual Gift Cards will be e-mailed to the inbox of the email address given while adding the Gift Card to the shopping bag once the full order has been processed and payment has been taken. If you need to amend the e-mail address after checkout, please contact us at [email protected] or on 020 7336 7599.
- The Fold is not liable for delivery of a Virtual Gift Card to an incorrect or non-existent email address. This is the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
- The Fold is not responsible if a Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission.
- The Fold reserves the right to cancel a Gift Card if we deem such action necessary.
- Promotion codes cannot be applied to the purchase of Gift Cards.
- Sales tax and shipping is applicable on any products purchased with a The Fold Gift Card.
- Shipping might be applicable on Printed Gift Cards.
- Gift Cards have value in the currency of the buyer’s billing address. They must be spend in that set currency and cannot be converted to a different currency.
- Items in stock are available for UK standard delivery and estimated to arrive within 2-4 business days. Your order will be delivered via a tracked Royal Mail service. UK returns are free of charge.
- UK Next day delivery is available, the cost is £10 and will be sent via DPD. UK Next day delivery may not be available during sale periods.
- We use DHL for all US shipments. Orders will be dispatched via DHL and delivered within 2-3 business days. We charge a flat rate of $10. You’ll receive an order confirmation email immediately and another email to let you know your item has been despatched. You can track your order online and for peace of mind, a signature will be required upon delivery.
- We are happy to deliver internationally to most countries including Asia, Australia, and the EU. Our international shipping cost is £15 for Europe and £20 for the Rest of the World, and will take between 7-10 business days to arrive depending on the location and stock availability (please be advised that depending on location, the maximum amount of time taken will be 20 business days). We recommend that you indicate a work address if you would prefer to have it sent there instead of your billing address.
- We use Royal Mail and DHL for our EU and International orders.
- If your delivery address is outside of the UK, you may have to pay import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. You must meet any additional charges for customs clearance. Please note, customs policies vary widely from country to country. We recommend you contact your local customs office for further information.
- Please note international shipments may be subject to cross-border inspections by customs authorities.
Taxes & Duties
All prices for orders delivered within the UK, excluding the Channel Islands, are inclusive of standard rate VAT.
Outside of the UK the price of products is calculated according to the rate of exchange between the base currency on our Website and the currency that you select as part of the purchase process at the time you place your order. Global-E reserve the right to update such exchange rates regularly at its sole discretion, and you acknowledge that such updates may affect product pricing on the Website. You will be charged according to the applicable exchange rate at the time you place your order via the Website.
If your delivery address is outside of the UK, and depending on the countries and/or products, you may be offered the option to pre-pay applicable taxes, which will then be calculated and included in the final price when you place an order through the Website. You acknowledge that such taxes are set by the shipping destination country and therefore may vary from country to country.
Following the UK’s decision to leave the European Union from 1st January 2020 and the end of the transition period which ends on 31st December 2020, deliveries to EU countries from the UK after 1st January 2021 will be classified as an international delivery and potentially subject to local import taxes.
As a company, we are staying up-to-date with the latest Government information and constantly reviewing our delivery processes to best suit our customers needs. Please contact our Customer Care team for advise or feedback about how we operate in your country.
- thefoldlondon.com accept most major credit/debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express as well as payment via PayPal.
- All credit and debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- If a payment fails, we will notify you by email. Please note that we are unable to hold items for failed orders and would need to replace the order with you on re-payment.
- Payment is taken by our international sales facilitation and fulfilment partner, Global-E.
Cancelling an Order/Returns Procedure
- If you haven’t submitted an order, you may clear the items in your shopping basket at any time by clicking the ‘Remove’ button next to the product you do not wish to purchase in your shopping basket.
- If you have placed an order but then wish to change or cancel it, please contact us as soon as you can either by email at [email protected] or by calling customer service on + 44 (0) 207 336 7599 (US toll-free number: 1-800-401-8306). We will try our best to make any changes but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so as the order may already have been processed. In such cases, you may have to wait until you receive the order and then follow the normal Returns procedures.
- If the order has not yet been processed and is subject to cancellation, any sum debited to us from your credit or debit card will be re-credited to that credit or debit account within 30 days of your order.
UK Returns Policy
- You may return items sold by thefoldlondon.com within 28 days from the date of delivery for a full refund, as agreed at the time of order. Orders returned outside this timeframe may not be subject for a refund and could be returned to the customer.
- Under Standard Returns procedures goods can be returned to The Fold providing they are in the same condition that they were when delivered to you. Returns can be made according to agreement at the time of purchase. Under this agreement, any sum debited to us from your credit or debit card will be re-credited to that credit or debit account within 30 days of your order. UK returns are free of charge, there is a Royal Mail label included in your package. Refunds are processed from our side within 7 working days of the goods being returned, subject to their condition upon receipt. Please note that this refund timing can sometimes take up to 10 days to arrive back into your bank due to additional bank processing times which are out of our control.
- We will not refund any postage and packing charges if you cancel an order or return goods after the seven days allowed under the Distance Selling Regulations or if you only cancel part of your order. Postage and packing charges will be refunded is agreed as part of a promotion at the time of sale.
- If an order has been placed that involves an alteration or customisation of a garment in anyway, then that garment is not refundable. This does not affect your rights if the garment is damaged or defective or does not match the specification of the order (see Liability below).
- We highly recommend that when returning any item to The Fold that you retain a proof of postage from the Post Office or delivery company. Please also include a note to indicate that you are the sender, this is most easily done with our returns form included in your package. You may chose to send returns via Special Delivery, but we regret we cannot refund the additional charges for this service.
- Items must be returned new, and unused. Returns that are damaged, soiled or altered may not be accepted or a service charge may be applied.
- Shoes must be returned unworn with their original dust bag and box to be eligible for a full refund or exchange.
- Items will be considered faulty if they have a manufacturing fault within 6 months of purchase. Goods that are damaged as a result of wear and tear will not be considered faulty.
US Returns Policy
- US Returns are free of charge. Please ensure you obtain a proof of postage for your own records.
- Visit thefoldlondon.com/rebound and follow the instructions to print out your label.
- If you decide to use your own method to return an order you could be subject to higher duty charges which would be deducted from your refund. We always recommend using the Rebound method to ensure you avoid these additional charges.
- For exchanges, we will not charge for the delivery of the exchanged item for you.
- We will not refund any postage charges if you cancel an order or return goods after the seven days allowed under the Distance Selling Regulations or if you only cancel part of your order.
International Returns Policy
- The Fold can not cover the cost of International returns, therefore you will need to initiate the return with your local postal courier. Please ensure you obtain a proof of postage for your own records.
- For exchanges, we will not charge for the delivery of the exchanged item for you.
- The Fold will be happy to exchange for the same item most products that are damaged, faulty or incorrectly shipped through any circumstance that is in our error within 14 days from the date of dispatch.
- Under such agreed circumstances The Fold will cover the cost of shipment of the replacement items.
- We will never ask for personal details via email. If you receive an unsolicited email asking you for your account or login details, please contact our Customer Service team immediately by email at [email protected] or by calling customer service on + 44 (0) 207 336 7599 (US toll-free number: 1-800-401-8306).
- We do not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and/or omissions contained in our website and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services at any time and without notice.
- If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product that was advertised at an incorrect price. In the event that you order an item and the price published on thefoldlondon.com is incorrect for any reason, we will email you to inform you that we have not accepted your order, and that your order has been cancelled. You will be advised of the correct price of the subject product. You may re-order it if you wish. If you have already paid for the goods in the circumstances described in this clause, we shall refund the full amount within 30 days of the date of order. Should you choose to re-order at the correct price, a separate transaction will be posted to your credit card.
- In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, we shall make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question provided that you notify us of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation email within 10 working days of delivery of the goods plus return the goods to us, unless we inform you that return is not necessary. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
- We have taken every measure to provide accurate product images for each product for sale on the site. However, due to a number of different factors such as Internet browsers, monitor colour contrasts etc, we cannot be held responsible or liable for any differences in colour between the image and the actual product.
- The products sold on thefoldlondon.com are provided for private domestic and consumer use only. Accordingly, we do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the site or for any products or services purchased from thefoldlondon.com
- We have taken every measure to prevent Internet fraud and ensure any data collected from you is stored as securely and safely as possible. However, we cannot be held liable in the extremely unlikely event of a breach in our secure computer servers.
- We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
- We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or that your use of it will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available will be free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
- We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
- Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
All rights, including copyright, in the content of the thefoldlondon.com web pages are owned or controlled by The Fold. In accessing thefoldlondon.com web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own individual and non-commercial use. You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of the thefoldlondon.com web pages for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of The Fold.
The Blog section of the The Fold website includes material from guest bloggers and comments from individuals or companies other than The Fold. All such article and comments are their own when stated.
Third Party Information
We can not be held responsible for material displayed on third party websites or any other written material. The only prices that apply for The Fold products are those stated on the The Fold material. We can not vouch for the reliability of prices stated on shopping directories or through any other third party.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what The Fold and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation except where that representation has been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.