Now that the last days of summer seem to be behind us, we asked Laura Tucker – the talented make up artist behind our AW15 campaign – to share her skincare tips for the colder months ahead:
I’m sure if you’re like me you will be trying desperately to hold on to summer. Adding an extra cardigan to your summer dresses or perhaps a discreet pair of leggings under your summery palazzo trousers, dismissing the fact that you had to turn the central heating on this morning because, as much as you hate to admit it, you woke up and saw the first signs of Autumnal frost in your garden. Yes, that’s it, summer is over – it’s time to take a giant step into a new season! However, to find a positive in a negative, I have chosen to find some excitement in updating my beauty regime!
The seasonal changes can have a drastic effect on our skin. As the temperatures get cooler, our skin requires a boost of hydration. Not only because of the colder climate, but also due to Central heating. I also find, during the summer months, it’s easier to consume your daily two litres of water, than in colder temperatures. Therefore, you need to turn to your skincare for extra support.
I’ve put together 5 of my key Autumn skincare regime updates for you, so hopefully the seasonal change will be a little less stressful:
1. Liz Earle Hot Cloth & Polish Cleanser – It’s an oldie, but a goodie! To be honest this is my ‘go to’ cleanser for every season. It suits every skin type, and effectively cleanses the skin whilst the Shea Butter keeps the moisture locked in. Use with the provided muslin cloth and wash every 2 washes. If you own a Clarisonic then be sure to use this cleanser over anything else – a wonder combination!
2. Sarah Chapman 3D Moisture Infusion – This pack of 4 face masks will hydrate, soothe and plump skin in need of SOS! The mask may scare anyone you come face-to-face with, so find a spare 10-15 minutes away from others, pop one on, lay down and breathe in your moment of relaxation and rehydration!
3. Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Bi-Phase Peel – This is a miracle pick-me-up product! Shake, rattle and roll the bottle and apply a thin layer to cleansed skin using the provided pads, and rinse off with warm water after 5 minutes. The combination of Glycolic and Salicylic acids with Algenist’s very own patented formulation of super hydrating and nourishing Microalgae oil together exfoliate, renew, soothe and nourish the skin. Leaving the skin radiant and rejuvenated in such a short timeframe!
From left to right: 1. Liz Earle Hot Cloth & Polish Cleanser | 2. Sarah Chapman 3D Moisture Infusion | 3. Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Ageing Bi-Phase Peel
4. Liz Earle Superskin Face Serum – This new luxurious serum is an addition to Liz Earle’s popular Superskin range. The combination of powerful naturally active ingredients will not only hydrate the skin, but also even the skin tone, lift and firm and plump and smooth. An all-round winning product if you ask me! Apply before moisturiser morning and/or evening.
5. Algenist Power -A new addition to the increasingly growing Algenist family. Algenist Power is an advanced anti-wrinkle fighting moisturiser which contains their patented formulation of Alguronic Acid and a new ingredient, AlgaProtein, which combine to visibly reduce the deepest of wrinkles whilst plumping and hydrating at the same time. The skin is left smoother and looking visibly more youthful! What more could we want?